Code of Conduct
The Core Team at (Airlie Beach Tv), reserves the right, but does not assume the responsibility, to restrict communication which visitaustralasia.asia/pacific deems in its discretion to be harmful to individual guests, damaging to the communities which make up visitaustralasia.asia/pacific, or in violation of visitaustralasia.asia/pacific's or any third-party rights.
Prohibited profile content, private messaging, board posting, and e-mailing, behaviours include (but are not limited to):
- profanity, vulgarity, or explicit content. For example:
- "masking" by using alternative characters/spellings and spaces to get around profanity filters, leet-speak, and combinations of words that produce an offensive result (e.g. ura hugeazz, Tow El Head)
- "filter testing"
- discussion of or in-character enactments of "cybering" or sexually explicit material
- discussion of or in-character enactments of graphic violence
- hate speech (e.g. racial, ethnic, sexist, homophobic and religious slurs)
- promotion of or engaging in certain illegal activities, For example: drugs, drug paraphernalia, rape or solicitation of a minor, computer hacking, and copyright violation
- harassment of another specific person (e.g. persistent flaming or continued personal attacks on the boards or "in-character harassment" without prior out-of-character permission.)
- trolling or baiting by putting to the screen inflammatory statements designed to elicit a negative response from the community
- spamming through repeated posts, or off-topic content by word or intent to boards or lists (e.g. scrolling, flooding, polling, or by "bumping" a boards post more than once in 48 hours)
- No useless posts. This includes: Thread bumping, useless one liners, Flamewars, Trolling and Spamming. What is spamming? Read this.
- advertising or promoting a business or commercial site without the permission of the visitaustralasia.asia/pacific
- impersonation of another person, site staff or visitaustralasia/pacific member by either screen name or self-representation (e.g. faking a screen name by using similar-looking characters, "spoofing" speech in a chat room, or claiming to hold an official title or position relating to the site or using a visitaustralasia.asia/pacific avatar frame)
- reregistering a banned username, a variation of a banned name, or declarations under a new screen name that you are "really" the banned name or attempts to resubscribe under another address after being put on REVIEW by the moderator.
- off-topic posts or thread hijacking.
These disruptive behaviours are grounds for removal; visitaustralasia.asia/pacific site admins are the final judges of whether a member's behavior qualifies as inappropriate or a disruption.
- only one account per user
- Check that your question has not been answered anywhere else on the site. Use the search feature (both on site content and forum).
- Post your comment/question to the most appropriate place. Any posts deemed to be in the wrong forum will be moved. Do not cross-post the same question to multiple places.
- Ask Questions The Smart Way. Read this by Eric Raymond.
- Thank those who help you. Acknowledgement of a helpful suggestion not only placates those who helped you, it may also help others with a similar problem. All those who have been helped on this forum are invited to help other users by responding to their questions when they know the answer and /or to consider donating to the project.
In other words, behave yourself. Treat other people you encounter in the rooms just as you would treat them in person--politely.
If a member of visitaustralasia.asia/pacific and partner websites has demonstrated he or she cannot behave, the member will initially have his/her profile banned and will eventually LOOSE his or her username.
These procedures are only meant to be rough guidelines, as each profile, board, and content situation is different and may require other measures to ensure the community orientation of the site.
You Can Make Australasia a Better Place
Parts of this Australasia Code of Conduct content have taken or inspired by the Joomla.org forum rules (http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,65.0.html) and the Wizard. Community code of conduct (http://boards1.wizards.com/community_coc.php).